The goal of palliative care is to achieve the best possible quality of life for patients and their families through to the end of life. Our compounding specialists work closely with families and healthcare providers to provide relief from the symptoms and stress of a serious illness. Symptom control may involve therapies for pain management, nausea & vomiting, dry mouth & stomatitis, excessive pulmonary secretions/death rattle, radiation mucositis and proctitis, and wound care.
Below is a list of palliative care treatments we commonly compound.
Common Palliative Care Compounds:
- ABHR – gel and troche
- Cholestyramine ointment
- Single agent and oral modified release preparations
- Hydrocodone without acetaminophen
- Lidocaine -Tetracaine spray
- Metoclopramide- nasal spray and suppository
- Misoprostol – suppository and oral preparations
- Morphine transdermal
- Pilocarpine – gel, lollipop, or oral modified release preparations
- Promethazine gel
- Scopolamine gel
- Short chain fatty acid enemas
- Sucralfate oral adhesive paste, cream, and enema
|Palliative Care is “the active total care of patients whose disease is not responsive to curative treatment.” The goal of palliative care is the achievement of the best possible quality of life for patients and their families.|
Symptom Control involves therapies for pain management, nausea & vomiting, dry mouth & stomatitis, excessive pulmonary secretions/death rattle, radiation mucositis and proctitis, and wound care.
We work together with patient and practitioner to solve problems by customizing medications that meet the specific needs of each individual. Please contact our compounding pharmacist to discuss the dosage form, strength, and medication or combination that is most appropriate for your patient.